Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Fairy Tales for Unbelievers



lately I've been having trouble sleeping
not because you snore or he needs to feed
aches and pains they come and go to these old bones
still sometimes I'm afraid to face my dreams

[CHORUS]
like spinning gold from piles of straw
just got to listen to where you're led
fairy tales for unbelievers
found the needle and I'll thread it 'til I'm dead

a month ago, you'd be hard-pressed to find them
they'll slink on in if you don't watch your back
not going gray, I swear, it's silver
biting at your heels they run in packs

[CHORUS]

these old eyes are sunk like ghosts
they've seen a lot they'd soon forget
but all that came before is how I came to you
and baby this is as good as it gets

[BRIDGE]
I'm taking this journey
never thought that I'd be on
holding your hand and he in my arm
thankful I don't have to walk alone

[CHORUS]

No comments:

Post a Comment